It takes time, money, and emotion to prioritize at-risk kids and their families. We’re grateful when a church partner decides to make this investment to care for vulnerable children in their local community, and we want to do all we can to help push forward their mission. To alleviate the stress and confusion that can come with creating any new ministry, we’ve created a step-by–step model called Family Advocacy Ministries (FAMs).
Promise686 implements FAMs to help bring about a positive impact in the lives of vulnerable children by:
- Praying diligently and consistently
- Raising awareness around the needs of vulnerable children
- Recruiting & equipping families to care for at-risk kids
- Serving families in crisis through Care Communities
- Meeting physical and financial needs
- Advocating on behalf of families and vulnerable children
- Providing adoption grants & resources to the families in your congregation
- Ministering to families to help meet emotional and spiritual needs
Every FAM may look different but they all have one thing in common: needs are met and lives are changed.
Promise provides the training, resources, and guidance needed to empower churches to set up and maintain successful FAMs.
Interesting fact about FAMs: The national average of families who continue fostering after their first year is about 50%, but when supported by a FAM and its care communities, 90% continue fostering into a second year.